Sunday, May 10, 2009

A very domestic farewell

Looking back on the last several months, I realize that there are so many wonderfully domestic things left on my to-do list, which means there may be more blogging in my future:
  • Accomplish my first sewing project on the Bernina: potential candidates - new tote bag, curtains, shower curtain, apron, and baby shower gifties all made with Amy Butler fabric. Let's hear it for homemade chic.
  • Document the many adventures of garage sale bliss. I have yet to hit the circuit this year - oh my!
  • Plant my outside apartment "garden" - no, no vegetables, but plenty of pretty spring and summer flowers to greet passersby!
  • Make a new wreath for the outside of my door - I've gotten attached to having one inside all winter and have been hatching crafty plans for a new wreath since post-Christmas sales.
  • Continue with this great streak of home-cooking goodness. I've been eating out during finals week and it's really quite disgusting. Bleech. Give me back my organic meat and yummy treats!
Speaking of treats: in honor of celebrating our time together, Amanda's (and other graduating seniors') successes, I figured what better way to go out with a homecheaphome bang than to recreate one of the best experiments of the semester: Chocolate Bliss Cupcakes? In the name of all things chocolate, writing, and domestic fun - it's been great, team. See you Tuesday - cupcakes in tow!